WordPress started slowly but captured the web at a rate faster than any other CMS out there. If you ever thought of learning WordPress but had no idea on how to get started, then you have come to the right place. Today, we will go through a comprehensive WordPress guide for beginners for learning WordPress quickly. This WordPress guide will be more inclined towards complete beginners as they find it hard to get started with WordPress.
Setting up a new website using WordPress can be a challenging act, and that’s why we have listed all the resources and guides that you will ever need to get started with WordPress.
The guide aims to serve the following:
- Install WordPress using different methods.
- Get into WordPress using advanced Installation tutorials.
- Understanding the very basics of WordPress – the Dashboard.
- Learn how to configure necessary plugins in WordPress. We will also share links to useful themes and plugins to make your website complete in every aspect.
- Reach the worldwide audience using promotional techniques. Make subscribers and how to get tons of visitors from organic search.
- Know about the best hosting providers for WordPress.
- Creating website is all about making money. And we have listed some of the best resources and guides to earn money using WordPress.
- Last, but not the least, we go through some of the unrelated topics regarding WordPress. And, in fact, they are very helpful for both beginners and advanced users.
The list of articles covered in this WordPress guide is regularly updated from our staff. We add new guides, tutorials, themes, and plugins. If you didn’t find anything that you are looking for, you could reach out to us using the Contact Us page and ask for a particular article coverage.
So, without much delay, let’s get started with the Ultimate WordPress Guide for beginners.
Best WordPress Guide For Beginners
#1. WordPress Installation Series
The WordPress installation guide introduces multiple ways to install WordPress. Below are four tutorials that aim to ease out the tension of handling WordPress for the first time users. We have discussed both theme and plugin installation in detail so that you don’t get confused in the beginning.
- How to Install WordPress Manually? — Install WordPress manually on your web server. The method is simple and explained thoroughly.
- How to Install a WordPress Theme? — Installing Theme is very easy. Follow the steps and get it done.
- How to Install a WordPress Plugin? — A detailed guide on how to install a Plugin after installing WordPress themes.
- How to Install Free SSL certificate on WordPress? — SSL(Secure Socket Layer) is a great way of securing your website. In this tutorial, we install a free SSL certificate on your website, making it more secure and reliable for both search engine and the visitors.
#2. Advanced Installation Tutorials
The advanced installation tutorials are targeted at WordPress users who have resemblance with the WordPress installation basics and want to move to the next level. The section contains four tutorials listed below.
- How to Move WordPress.com blog to WordPress.org? — Many bloggers start with free or paid WordPress.com server and want to move to more controlled environment WordPress.org. We managed to write a detailed guide on to move from WordPress.com to WordPress.org.
- How to Install WordPress Multisite Network? — Multisite are in popular demand. Have many websites and want a single dashboard? We got you covered. Read the tutorial to get the most out of it.
- How to Install WordPress on Localhost using Xampp Server? — Not every idea is ready for the world. It needs to be tested, creatively analyzed and worked upon before being made public. We go through a succinct tutorial on how to install WordPress using XAMPP server.
- How to Move WordPress from Localhost to a Live Server? — Final development completed? Now, it is time to move from local server to the live server.
#3. Understanding WordPress Dashboard
WordPress dashboard is the place where the administrator spends tons of time. We got it all covered with two guides. Check them out below.
- WordPress Dashboard Basics — Understand the basic concepts of WordPress dashboard and its options.
- Essential Settings after Installing WordPress — Configure your WordPress properly after installation.
#4. Checking Important Plugins and Themes
WordPress is huge, and that mean you can do tons of stuff with it. With WordPress, you can do a lot more. We covered some great guides for you.
- 10 Must Have WordPress Plugins — One of the first struggles of a beginner is to choose the right plugins for their blog. The guide aims to solve the problem.
- Ultimate Collection of WordPress Plugins — Check out this collection if you want to look out for some other plugins as well.
- Using our Free WordPress Themes — We have created free WordPress themes for all WordPress users. Download and use them for free.
- Ultimate Collection of WordPress Themes — Selecting themes can be another time-consuming task. We make it easy by listing useful WordPress themes.
#5 Other Important Settings to Consider
- W3 Total Cache Settings — W3 Total Cache is very accessible and offers a caching mechanism. In this guide, we explain the best possible settings for W3 Total Cache.
- Google Analytics For WordPress — Google Analytics for WordPress is a simple tool that let you know the real visitors behind your blog.
- iThemes Security Settings — Secure your website with the help of iThemes Security plugin. We cover all the basic settings that you need to set up for optimal performance.
#6. Promoting Your WordPress Blog
With everything setup, it is now time to reach an audience and make the most out of the online world. Check out the four guide listed below to make the most out of your blog.
- Top WordPress Social Media Plugins — Install the best social media plugins for your blog.
- How to Publish a Blog post via Email? — Email publishing is a hot topic, and we got it covered.
- List of WordPress PopUp Plugins to Increase Subscribers Instantly — Popup are like dual sided sword, but they are required to be used to increase subscribers. We take on WP PopUP and utilize it to increase subscribers.
- Top Tools to Grow a WordPress Blog — We discuss different tools that can help you grow the WordPress blog.
#7. Securing Your WordPress Blog
Security should be the top priority for any blogger out there. Without security, your website is prone to hackers and information theft. Make sure to ensure that your website is secure from any hackers, brute force attacks and other exploits.
#8. Taking WordPress Backups
Securing your website is one side of the coin. Taking backups can complete your process of securing your whole work. No system in the world is 100% secure, and that’s where the role of backing up your website becomes important.
#9. Improving Speed and SEO
Website loading speed and search engine optimization are important to any internet site. Without the two elements, the site will have limited growth and can fail in a long run. To ensure proper growth, the administrator should take special care on improving speed and doing proper SEO.
- Improve WordPress Site Speed With Lazy Load Plugins — Lazy load plugins ensure that images are loaded when required.
- Selecting a Fast WordPress Themes to Decrease Load Times — Go through a list of top fastest themes. Get ready for the next generation of the fast web.
- Get Quick Search Rankings with these ultimate SEO plugins — SEO plugins help simplify the complicated process of on-site SEO. We go through the top SEO WP plugins.
- Selecting a SEO Optimized WP Themes to Grow Organic Traffic — Love SEO? Check out the top SEO templates.
#10. Generating Money With WordPress
Enough about SEO, speed, customization, etc. Let’s talk about making money. We all know how important it is for the blogger to earn from their websites.
- Top Adsense WordPress Themes
- Top Adsense WordPress Plugins
- Cloaking Your Affiliate Links to Avoid Google Penalty
#11. Recommended WordPress Hosting
How important is hosting? Critical! An excellent host ensures that your blog reaches the right audience with inappropriate loading time and uptime. We go through the top hosting providers for WordPress.
#12. Other Useful WordPress Guides
There is no end to learning WordPress. It just keeps going on and on. Below is a list of articles that are important for any beginner or advanced user.
- How To Restrict Content To Registered Users In WordPress?
- Interlinking Your WordPress Blog Posts
- 10 Best WordPress Ebooks to Learn WordPress
- Other Sites to Learn About WordPress
- Other Tutorials covered by our team
Do let us know if you want us to cover any other specific tutorial. Don’t forget to subscribe to our email newsletter to learn about more useful WordPress guides.[kkratings]